Skip to main content

Application for Free Home to School Transport Under 16

A to Z | Login | Register | Forgot password? | Data Protection

Please complete all fields marked *. Hover your mouse over anyExample of help marks for additional help.
Surrey County Council respects your rights and is committed to ensuring that it manages your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can find out more about how we manage your data on the notice section of our website.

Who can use this form

You should complete this form if your child is aged between 4 and 16 years old and lives in Surrey.

Do not use this form if your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), but use the form for children with an Education, Health and Care Plan instead.

Before you begin

Please read Surrey's Home to School/College Travel and Transport policy carefully before completing this form.

Please do not submit more than one application for the same child. Submitting duplicate applications will lead to delays in processing your form. If you have already submitted your application and wish to change information within it, please email the Admissions team at
The information provided will be used to assess your eligibility for travel assistance, as such, please answer all questions fully. Failure to do so is likely to result in delays.

Student details

Please tick as appropriate *
Is the student a Looked After Child?
This information is requried for health and safety reasons.

School details

This should be a date e.g. 01/01/10


Reason for transport request

Please tick as appropriate
If you have selected 'House Move' you must provide us with proof of your new address. This can be a copy of your rental agreement, council tax statement or a utility bill. You can email a copy of one of the documents to stating that it is for a transport application with your child's name, date of birth, and the school you are requesting transport to, or you can send a letter stating that it is for a transport application with your child's name, date of birth & the school you are requesting transport to, or you can print this form and send it in with a copy of one of the documents listed above to Admissions & Transport, Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking GU22 7QQ. PLEASE NOTE: If we do not receive proof of your house move, we cannot process this application.

Assessment of extended eligibility

As detailed in the Transport Policy, if your child is aged 8 or over, there are some circumstances that may affect your transport application. Please indicate whether or not you fall within any of the following categories:
a. Child aged 8 and 16 years of age and is entitled to free school meals
b. Child is aged between 8 and 16 years of age and family in receipt of maximum level of Working Tax Credit
If you fall within either of these categories you must provide current evidence with this application ie proof of eligibility for Free School Meals, Working Tax Credit entitlement, please ensure that you send all the pages of your entitlement letter. You can email the documents to or post them to Admissions & Transport Team, Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking GU22 7QQ. Please include your child's name, date of birth and application reference number.

If you do not provide the relevant documents we will have to write to you and your assessment will be delayed.

If you fall into either of the categories above, please indicate whether the following also applies:
c. Child is in school years 7 to 11 (11 years old or over) and is attending a school on denominational grounds

If yes, to c. above, you will also need to complete the form ST02, along with providing proof of benefits. The ST02 form is available from the Surrey Schools & Childcare Service by telephoning 0300 200 1004.

Please note if you are granted transport on the grounds of extended eligibility, your application is subject to review each academic year or if your entitlement to the relevant benedfits changes. You should notify us immediately if the above circumstances alter.

Mode of transport

Parents cannot choose the type of transport that they will receive for their child if they are eligible for assistance. However, there are some circumstances that may be considered:
a. Do you have any other children who currently receive home to school transport?
b. If eligible, are you able to transport your child to school by car and claim a petrol allowance?
c. Are there any parts of your journey to school that you would consider to be unsafe, which would prevent you and your child from walking/cycling/taking public transport to school?
Please be aware that if transport is granted due to an unsafe route and measures are subsequently introduced which make the route safe, transport may be withdrawn.

Declaration of parent/carer

I confirm that I have read the Transport Policy and fully accept the conditions under which I am applying for travel assistance. I certify that the information given in this application form is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if I give you false information, or fail to give you complete information, any assistance I receive may be withdrawn. I understand that if transport is granted in error, the Authority reserves the right to withdraw the provision once a reasonable period of notice has been given in writing. I authorise the Authority to verify the accuracy of the above information from educational establishments, other councils and agencies. I also agree to let you know if the student named on this form moves address or changes school, or if any entitlement to free school meals or the maximum working tax credits changes.
Thank you for completing this form. Please check that you have completed all the necessary fields before submitting it. You may also wish to print a copy for your records.

If you have completed all the fields marked *, then please click "Submit".