Skip to main content

Applications for Travel Assistance for Young People with an EHCP/SSEN (Aged 0-16)

A to Z | Login | Register | Forgot password? | Data Protection

Please complete all fields marked *. Hover your mouse over anyExample of help marks for additional help.
Please complete this form if you need to apply for travel assistance for the 2019/20 academic year and for the 2020/21 academic year. Please note: the Council has reviewed and published its home to school transport policy for the academic year 2020-21 onwards.
This form should only be completed if your child is up to the age of 16 and in receipt of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and you wish to apply for Travel Assistance. Please read the Travel Assistance Policy February 2020 carefully before completing this form.
If you are already receiving Travel Assistance from Surrey County Council and would like to change the type of assistance you receive please do not complete this form, instead email the Travel Assistance Team at-
Please note if you are 16 or over then please complete the Application for Travel Assistance for Young People with an EHCP aged 16-25.
The information provided will be used as part of the eligibility assessment, therefore please answer all questions fully, as failure to do so will result in delays assessing your application. It is important to note that by filling out this application it does not mean travel assistance will be granted. However, you will be notified of the outcome of the assessment as soon as possible.
Student Details
Your details
School Details
Request for Travel Assistance
I have read the Guide to Travel Assistance booklet and the Travel Assistance Policy for Children with EHCPS / Statement and believe that my child is eligible for transport assistance because:
(Please complete all categories that you feel apply)
Special educational needs, disability or mobility problems
Please confirm whether a parent/carer or other responsible adult is able to accompany the child
Request due to Low Income
Please provide proof of maximum Working Tax Credit if you are requesting travel assistance on these grounds
Independent Travel Training
Travel training gives children with Special Educational Needs the skills and confidence to travel independently on public transport. It is available for young people who are aged 11-19 and eligible for Travel Assistance. Your child can receive Travel Training whilst receiving another type of Travel Assistance.
Please indicate if your child could benefit now from Independent Travel Training (ITT) *
Independent Travel Allowance
The independent travel allowance can be used flexibly by families and young people, where appropriate, to help fund their own arrangements to get to school or college. The amount you would receive is based on the banded distance between your home and place of education. This would be paid in monthly instalments during the academic year. If you would prefer to accept travel allowance rather than use a contracted taxi then please indicate below.
I would prefer to accept a travel allowance *
Declaration of Parent/Carer
I confirm that I have read the Travel Assistance Policy and fully accept the conditions under which I am applying for travel assistance. I certify that the information given in this application is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if I give you false information, or fail to give you complete information, any assistance I receive may be withdrawn. I understand that if any provision is granted in error, the Authority reserves the right to withdraw the provision once a reasonable period of notice has been given in writing. I authorise the Authority to verify the accuracy of the above information from educational establishments, other councils and agencies. I also agree to let you know if the student named on this form moves address or changes school.
Thank you for completing this form, please check that you have completed all the necessary fields before submitting it. You may also wish to print a copy for your records.
If you would like to see how the Transport Coordination Centre use your personal data please read our Privacy Notice
If you have completed all the fields marked *, then please click "Submit".